Areas Of Work
My primary area of work is Special Needs Music Education, having been employed in a variety of roles since 2006. My work has included:
I have also been commissioned as Project Manager for Music Leader / Brighter Sound, working alongside Youth Music (UK). My role included:
I have also facilitated and delivered mainstream learning and activities, either with groups or on a 1-1 basis. Job roles with places I have been commissioned for mainstream provision include:
In terms of specific music teaching skills, I can provide and deliver:
- Songwriting and Sound Recording: Basic to Advanced Level
- Singing: Basic to Intermediate level
- Guitar Tuition: Basic to Advanced Level
- Bass Guitar: Basic to Intermediate level
- Basic Music Theory: Accessible activity-based approach
- Key Stage 1 Music Classes
My complete history of working professionally in and around Music Industry / Local Community Arts, Design and Youth Work settings dates back to 1987.
For Accessible Web Design, I was invited to London and awarded a Visionary Design Award (UK) by the Royal National Institute of Blind People in 2003.